NMSAP Smart Meetings 2020
April 4, 2020 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
20/20 in 2020: Create a Clear Direction for Your Organization
$50 Early Bird Registration; $60 after March 28, 2020
Concurrent sessions are offered. All courses are appropriate to any level of experience and are presented by NMSAP members, in accordance with Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, Eleventh Edition.
8:00 – 8:30 Registration
8:30 – 9:30 Session 1:
Course A: Performing Parliamentary Prowess - Adam Hathaway, PRP; NMSAP Parliamentarian; NAP Director-at-Large 2019-2021
- For everyone interested in learning how to become a proficient parliamentarian, this session is open to parliamentarians at all levels, from those just starting to those more seasoned.
- Attendees will learn useful tools and tips, not just for those who wish to serve as parliamentarian, but for those working with them to achieve meetings with greater participation in less time without confusion.
- As a bonus, this presentation will also include excepts from: Adventures in Presiding with real-life examples of parliamentary pickles and how to handle them. Attendees will receive copies of the presentation as well as a Frequently Asked Question sheet for parliamentarians and the presiders they advise.
Course B: Are your Standing Rules Sitting Down on the Job? - Stephen Balke, Vice President NMSAP
- Learn how to identify, leverage and implement rules that should not be in your bylaws.
9:45– 10:45 Session 2:
Course A: Minutes not Hours - Tan Johnson, PRP, NMSAP Secretary
- Are your minutes taking hours or even days? Learn tips to get your minutes sent and approved faster, improving accuracy.
Course B: Call of Duty - Valoree Althoff, RDH, MHA, PRP, CP, NMSAP President 2015-2021
- Familiarize yourself with the duties of care, loyalty and obedience to protect yourself, your officers and your organization.
11:00 – 12:00 Session 3:
Course A: Right-sizing Your Bylaws - Daniel Ivey-Soto, JD, PRP
- How organized, inclusive and succinct bylaws will help your organization be more effective.
Course B: Board Meetings: Size Matters - Darlene Allen, PRP, NAP President 2019-2021
- The rules of formality of conducting a board meeting changes depending on the board’s size. Explore the differences to help make board meetings more effective.
Interested in being a NAP member to learn more? Contact Valoree Althoff, PRP, NMSAP President (please click here).
Educational publications will be available for sale at the event.
The link for downloading the Early Bird Registration form can be accessed below when it is available. Members utilize the "NMSAP Membership Registration Form" and potential members/community attendees utilize the "Download Form."
If you have any questions about registration, contact NMSPA President, Valoree Althoff, PRP, using our online form (click here).